Research is essential to increasing our understanding the complex world in which we live and assuring progress in all fields of human endeavour. AU has contributed significantly to the world’s wealth of knowledge.
Researchers in all our university faculties are working at the forefront of discovery, broadening our knowledge base while, at the same time, enhancing AU programs by ensuring they are solidly rooted in the most up-to-date theory and practice.
With your support, we will build on existing strengths by further enhancing our research activities:
- creating new chairs and professorships: positions held by high-profile scholars who will conduct focused research, provide new perspectives, move Faculties and programs forward, create new learning and teaching opportunities, and broaden understanding in the following areas: Adaptive Testing, Architecture, e-Health Literacy, Learning Analytics, Mobile Learning, and the Teaching of Accounting
- expanding the work of the Athabasca River Basin Research Institute, bringing together an interdisciplinary team of renowned researchers to improve the understanding of the complex relationship among river, economy and people
- capitalizing on AU’s unique position as a northerly university by embarking on the next phase of the AU Observatory’s relocation and expansion, giving it greater ability to explore and understand the aurora borealis and its impact
- measuring the effectiveness of learning in virtual environments, using technology to forge new relationship between learners and knowledge, and exploring the online learning frontier through our Technology Enhanced Learning Research Institute
- promoting the use of Open Educational Resources at the institutional, national and international levels through the continued support for the UNESCO Chair in Open Education Resources
Visit our Research Centre for more information.